“Go, make disciples- baptize and teach” – Jesus
Our Vision at Tierrasanta Lutheran Church is to be a model of Christian education that restores parents as the primary faith teachers, mentors and role models for their own children with church as reinforcement – not replacement – of the parent’s duties. Confirmation at TLC is dedicated to the health and welfare of God’s families and children. The mission of our confirmation program is to engage confirmation students (usually 7th and 8th graders) and their parents in holistic, biblical, theologically sound faith formation. We strive to make the home the primary focus of faith formation for disciples of all ages by replacing the classroom lecture models of education with parent-involved conversation and small group fellowship and service moments for learning and formation as disciples. Our Parents and Confirmands meet on Wednesday evenings from 6:00pm to 7:00pm and work together to help each other grow as disciples and follow Christ in our lives. The next Confirmation class will begin September 14th. Please contact the church office if you’d like to signup your child.
Ten Foundations of Faith Inkubators
1. Jesus Christ is the only Son of the Living God.
2. The Bible is the only text book you need for Christian education.
3. A living, loving Christian role model in the home is by far the best delivery system for passing on the Christian faith.
4. Christian parents are charged with the honor and responsibility to raise their children to know Jesus. The church should help them, but not do the job for them.
5. The family is a church (“wherever two or three are gathered in my name…”) and must be inspired, challenged, and trained to model all the functions of the church (education, proclamation, prayer, acts of loving service, etc.) in the home.
6. Everything you do in church on Sunday should go home in bite-sized chunks Monday – Saturday to continue and deepen the discussion between parents and children.
7. You gotta open the kid before you open the book. – Rich Melheim
8. Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater. – Gail Godwin
9. “It’s a sin to bore a kid with the Gospel” – Jim Rayburn
10. The passing on of the faith to the next generation is much too important a task to be left in the hands of those who are paid to do it.
– April Ulrich Larsen