The Little Gardeners
The Little Gardeners meet every Friday at Tierrasanta Lutheran Church from 9:00-10:30 AM. We are a ministry of TLC open to children 6 and under that are accompanied by a parent or guardian. Come join us for story time and gardening-related crafts. We will learn about nature, tend our fruit, vegetable, and flower gardens, and perform Community Service by providing our garden surplus to T.A.C.O., a social ministry for San Diegans of any religion, who need free meals, medical and dental care, and mental health services.
- Parental Supervision is required and parents are encouraged to participate.
- RSVP’s are necessary to purchase the supplies needed for our weekly crafts. Please RSVP by calling Cheryl Jackson (619) 847-6183 or emailing her at email@example.com to get on the distribution list.
- Homeschooling families are encouraged to join us!
- Fruit and vegetable snacks are provided to all who attend.
- Please bring your own drinks—water bottles encouraged, as drinking water is not available on site.
- Have children in clothes that they can get dirty in. Wear hats and sunscreen.
- On cold/rainy days, we will meet in the fellowship hall.
April will be a very fun month for the Little Gardeners. The raised beds are filling out and harvest time will be around the corner. No need to bring snacks when the garden is providing fresh lettuce, strawberries, cucumbers, cauliflower, zucchini and artichokes! We’ll work on weed control throughout the entire community garden, care for our new seedlings and create fun and colorful zinnia look-alikes out of pinecones. Please come by and join us on Friday mornings at 9:00am in the Children’s Garden. Bring sunscreen and water and be ready for some fun!
Please park your vehicle in the church parking lot and proceed under the awnings between the main church building and the Youth Building. Our garden plot is located next to the gazebo in the gardening area behind the church. The children’s garden is a fenced in and private area.